TERMS AND CONDITIONS
My Adornment is an online marketplace where you can sell your goods around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on My Adornment. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
By opening an My Adornment shop, you’re agreeing to this policy as part of our terms and conditions. Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on My Adornment.
What can be sold on My Adornment
My Adornment is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on My Adornment must be available for purchase and at a set price.
What can’t be sold on My Adornment
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on My Adornment. All listings must offer an item for sale (which includes digitally delivered items and can also include reserved listings). You may not create a My Adornment listing for the purpose of sharing a referral code, posting a want ad, or similar activity that does not offer a physical or digital item for sale. My Adornment may remove any listings that violate our policies.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
Managing your My Adornment listings
Your listings represent you and your business to the My Adornment community. It’s important that you, your items and your listing are honest and accurately represented.
By selling on My Adornment, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information to My Adornment.
- Ensure your content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself are fully accurate
- Accurately represent your items in listings and photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to My Adornment.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate listings or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, baskets or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing My Adornment’s policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
By listing a product for sale on My Adornment you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. My Adornment assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labelling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. My Adornment may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet these levels. If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
By selling on My Adornment, you agree to:
- Honour your dispatch and processing times. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for dispatch times vary by country.
- Respond to messages in a timely manner.
- Honour the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, My Adornment may decide to help at their own discretion.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Sellers will be charged 3% for each transaction generated via My Adornment. These are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other My Adornment products and features.
Being a Member of the My Adornment Community
At My Adornment, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the My Adornment community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of My Adornment, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that:
- Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery
- Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference
- Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights
- Is false, deceptive, or misleading
- Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam
- Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s
- Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the My Adornment checkout process
- Contains prohibited medical drug claims
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
In particular, when you sell using our Services (subject to this Policy) you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and delivery address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie. As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honour requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for My Adornment-related communications or for My Adornment-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable My Adornment policies and laws, you may not add any My Adornment member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If My Adornment and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if My Adornment is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify My Adornment for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.